The Traxxas X-Maxx 8s is a very classic off-road vehicle, with a massive 1/5 scale body, like a beast. To get the best out of it, you’ll need to run a powerful lipo battery. Do you want to stop spending more on lipo batteries? Then you’ve come to the right place. Here, I will recommend the 3 best budget lipo batteries to you.
Best Battery for X-Maxx – At a Glance:
- Best Budget Battery – Ovonic 80C 4S 6500mAh
- Best Performance Battery – Ovonic 100C 4S 8000mAh
- Longest-running Battery – Ovonic 50C 4S 8500mAh
There are quite a few reasonably priced lipo battery brands in the market, the key is how you find them. Ovonic is one of the most iconic brands out there, gaining a solid reputation in the community. Ovonic has hundreds of batteries to choose from, and these 3 batteries are the best for the Traxxas X-Maxx 8S.
Ovonic 80C 4S 6500mAh
Ovonic 80C 4S 6500mAh lipo battery review video:
Ovonic 100C 4S 8000mAh
Ovonic 50C 4S 8500mAh
Lipo Battery Usage Guide
Generally speaking, the service life of a lipo battery is about 2 years, and the number of cycles reaches more than 300 times. Of course, it all depends on how you use it. Just like any other battery, proper operation and maintenance can extend the life of your lipo battery. Precautions:
- One thing to always keep in mind is that the battery is not over-discharged and over-charged. Do not continue to run this battery while the cut-off voltage alarm sounds. Also, when the battery is fully charged, unplug it from the charger in time. (Tips: The voltage of ordinary lipo cells should not be lower than 3.2V, nor higher than 4.2V)
- The performance of Lipo batteries is affected by ambient temperature. Under low or high-temperature conditions, the battery performance is greatly reduced. For example, driving an RC car in winter, the battery will run for less time.
- Lipo batteries are the most reliable when charged at a 1 C-rate rating. There are some battery brands that support fast charging, you can use a higher C-rate.